….I just love that song “I Love Paris”…especially the Frank Sinatra version. Though when I sing it, I often get the words mixed up….”drizzles…..sizzles….” …whatever! My favorite line is, “…why oh why do I love Paris?” It’s my favorite line because whenever I sing it, I start to think about all the things I DO love about Paris.
The list is endless, and includes (but is NOT limited to):
1. Angelinas on the Rue de Rivoli….hands down best hot chocolate you will ever have!
2. Strolling through the Musee de’ Orsay (while listening to music on my mp3 player) and admiring the beauty of some of my favorite artists…..Monet, Degas, and Van Gogh. A pretty much perfect afternoon in my book!
3. Sitting at any sidewalk cafe and people watching. Though I don’t give myself enough time to really relax! That is always my problem in Paris..there is so much to see and do, that I don’t spend enough time just sitting and soaking it all in! I need to work on that
4. Shopping for “foodie” things at the Monoprix. So underrated! I get my favorite sea salt here to bring home, stuffed into my socks to protect their cute exteriors. A wide array of chocolates that can’t be found easily in the U.S. Diet Coke (to enjoy while I am there) which for some reason, tastes SO much better than ours here in the States. Cute little containers of spices, decorative and perfumed soaps, french biscuits, and once, little glass bottles shaped like the Eiffel tower with brandy in them. Under five euro (and still sitting unopened on the shelf in my Paris bathroom!) Someday, I will open that bottle of brandy and drink it…..maybe while I am luxuriating in my bath.
5. Watching the artists in Montmartre. This is another activity I can spend an afternoon (or morning) doing and never tire of of it. Oh, and while I am up there, I always catch a great view of the city from Sacre Coeur.
……those are just a few of the reasons why I love Paris. If you haven’t been yet, you simply must go at least once. But if you are like me, once will never be enough.