Searching for those last minute Christmas gifts and want something for that wine lover? Here are some great ideas to help you finish up your Christmas list and give the gift of happiness.
- Champagne – Everyone loves a nice bottle of Champagne and it is not only for New Years Eve. Don’t worry if you feel a bit intimidated selecting a bottle, you can go wrong if you stick with one of the standard bottles that we all know like Moet & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Tattinger or others. You also have the choice to buy something from a smaller producer that might be a nice surprise or select a rose from Billecart Salmon. you can go wrong.
- Bottle of Red – For the red wine lover on your list why not select a lovely wine from Chateauneuf du Pape. Choose producers like Vieux Telegraphe, Chateau de Beaucastel, or Chateau La Nerthe.
- Bottle of White – If you need a white wine for a gift, try a beautiful burgundy wine like Meursault Genevrieres 1er cru from Bouchard Pere et Fils or Jadot. For another choice try a Northern Rhone and a stunning Condrieu from Guigal, Chapoutier or Yves Cuilleron.
- Bottle of Rose – For a rose fan, select a Domaines Ott Clos Mireille, Domaine Tempier, or Chateau Miraval.
- Wine Transport – VinniBag – How about inflatable travel wine bag? If you know someone that like to bring wine back while traveling, this works well for wine in your checked bag. Or a Wine Transport Case – This looks like a small suitcase and is great for bring back multiple bottle. You can simply check it as a second piece of luggage and return home with 7 or 8 bottle of wine. www.amazon.com or www.wineenthusiast.com
- Wine Books – So many great books on wine. For the history lover,
Wine and War: By Donald Kladstrup and Petie Kladstrup. Region specific, The Great Domaines of Burgundy: By Remington Norman. Or a book on wine culture, The Wine Savant: By Michael Steinberger. www.amazon.com
Decanter –Everyone can use a fun decanter. There are so many interesting shapes and of course standard shapes too for those classic types on your list. www.wineenthusiast.com have a nice selection.
- Electric Wine Opener – Know someone that has difficulty opening a bottle. These electric wine opener varieties make it easy. www.amazon.com or www.macys.com have some good choices.
- Wine Refrigerator – Every wine lover wants a wine frig to keep some choice bottles chilled and ready to go. www.wineenthusiast.com or www.amazon.com
- Wine Travel – Give the gift of travel and take your loved one on the trip of a life time to discover more about wine. Enjoy tastings, tours and wine pairings that you can enjoy together. What better way to start the new year! www.francejourneys.com offer gift certificates or customized itineraries.