Paris Covered Passages
Explore the covered passages of Paris. These 18th century beautiful covered shopping arcades take you back to a history and ambiance of long ago.
Explore the covered passages of Paris. These 18th century beautiful covered shopping arcades take you back to a history and ambiance of long ago. They were once used to protect wealthy shoppers from the weather while shopping and they are still in use today. This tour will expose you to the grandeur and beauty of the arcades with their amazing ornate glass roofs marbled columns and mosaic tiles. While your guide will enhance the visit with the incredible history and tales of the passages. Take time to enjoy lunch in one of the passages before you end the tour or combine the passages with a stop at a wonderful market.
Arcades might include
- Passage du Grand Cerf – One of the most beautiful passages in Paris. 1st arrondissement
- Galerie Vivienne – Gorgeous architecture and mosaics. 2nd arrondissement
- Passage Jouffroy – First passage built entirely from glass and steel. 9th arrondissement
- Passage des Panoramas – Several trendy wine bars located here. 2nd arrondissement
- Passage Molière – Quiet passage near Les Halles shopping mall. 3rd arrondissement
- Passage du Caire – Industrial passage with distinctive architecture and glass roof. 2nd arrondissement
- Cour du Bel Air – Hidden passage off Faubourg Saint-Antoine. 12th arrondissement