WWI Battlefield Tour
Let us create a private and customized tour of the WWI battlefields and the region. Take time to learn the history of the Great War.
Let us create a private and customized tour of the WWI battlefields and the region. Take time to learn the history of the Great War or even trace the steps of a loved one who fought during this time.
- 3 to 7 nights suggested for this area
- Visit the Gothic Cathedral of Notre-Dame of Amiens, the largest Gothic Cathedral in France
- Visit of the Somme museum, Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial Park, Thiepval Memorial and the Lochnagar Crater
- Explore the Chateau of Bierancourt Franco/American Museum, Bois Belleau and Cote 204 Monument, and an added surprise with a Champagne cellar visit
- See the Reims cathedral that was 80% destroyed during WWI, another Champagne house that has a network of cellars used during the WWI and walk the trenches at La Main de Massiges.
- Discover a day in the Verdun with visits to see how the sugar coated Dragée almonds, explore the history of the Battle of Verdon, Fort de Doumont, the Ossuary and Necropolis memorials, and Underground Citadel
- Arrive Paris or Strasbourg with customized itinerary
- Add on stays in the region; Lille the capital of the region, Chantilly, Arras, Dunkirk or Calais