The Loire Valley has incredible castles that are a must for many tourists, but it also has an incredibly diverse wine region with surprising fresh and fruity wines. Wine lovers will want to try as many of the regions wines that reflect the diverse terrier.
- Roundtrip private transfers Paris to the Loire Valley
- Staying in Sancerre and Saumur
- Tasting of the famous goat’s cheese of Chavignol
- Visit some of the most beautiful Chateaux in the Valley Loire
- Discover a diverse immersion of wines from the region that includes Sancerre, Pouilly Fumé, Vouvray, Chinon, and Savennieres.
- Customization of this trip will be made if you have any specific requests.
Suggested Itinerary 7 Nights
Itineraries are customized for each client. Contact us to get started.
Day 1 – Sancerre
Arrival at CDG Paris and private transfer to Sancerre. The remainder of the day at your leisure .
Day 2 – Sancerre / Pouilly Fumé
Start the day with a visit in Sancerre to a family winery .that has been producing Sancerre and Pouilly Fumé for ten generations. Then venture to discover the Crottin de Chavignon goats cheese, that is the most famous in the Loire Valley. Finally a tasting in Chavignol at an artisanal winemaker. In Chavignol, visit two of the top vineyards that are producing some of the Sancerre’s best wines and earn about the production of this wine-focused on quality and using minimal intervention to really highlight the grapes grown.
Day 3 – Sancerre / Pouilly Fumé
Discover today the lesser-known appellation of Menetou-Salon for a tasting. Then off the appellation of Pouilly sur Loire for an immersion visit and tasting. Then a final stop in the wine village of Les Loges and a tasting of Pouilly-Fumé
Day 4 – Chateau Chambord / Chateau Chenonceau
Today, a stop to explore the grand Chateaux of Chambord and Cheonceau. Plus a visit of an organic family vineyard of 4 generations, located in the Toucheronde hillside overlooking the village of Monthou su Cher
Day 5 – Vouvray
A winetasting on the right bank of the Loire near Tours starts the day as it an opportunity to taste Vouvray wines A special lunch today is in a troglyodyte cave house that is now a restaurant. This afternoon, the appellation of Petit Clos gives you a taste of wines coming from grapes grown mostly in clay and slimestone soil. The last stop to day is in the Vouray appellation with a organic and artisanal wine maker that is producicng 100% chenin blanc wine.
Day 6 – Chinon
Morning tasting of Chinon wine to discover the links to this distinctive terrior. Next you will take some time to visit the Chateau de Saumur, originally built in the 10th century. Followed by a cellar tour by bike before a tasting the Loire Valley Saumur wines
Day 7 – Savennieres
This final morning, visit and tasting at a domaine that produces three different sub appellations; Coulée de Serrant, Coulée de Le Clos de la Bergerie, Savennieres-Roche au Moines. Enjoy one last visit to a domaine located at the Chateau des Vaults in Savennieres, a Loire Valley Grand Cru. Remainder of the day on your own to take a spa treatment or do some shopping.
Day 8 – Depart
Depart today by train or driver to Paris for your journey onward or home.
- Normandy’s WWII D-Day history is worth a few extra days to see this memorable area
- Discover the coast of Normandy like Honfleur, or the cliffs at Etretat and other coastal villages in the area
- Not to be missed is the picturesque isle of Mont Saint Michel
- Fly in and out of Paris to take some time to enjoy its history, art, shopping, cafes and culture